Cultural Masterplan 2020
The District’s first independent Cultural Masterplan
The Three Lakes Cultural Trust commissioned London and New York-based global consultancy firm AEA Consulting to produce the district’s first independent Cultural Masterplan, which was publically released Friday, February 28th 2020.
Although independent of Queenstown Lakes District Council, the Three Lakes Cultural Trust and Cultural Masterplan have the full support of QLDC, which intends to align with the recommendations of the plan.
Community Voice meetings were held in Queenstown, Glenorchy, Wanaka and Arrowtown in May 2019 and these fact-finding sessions were integral in the development of the Masterplan, which details the current state of the region’s arts sector and provides recommendations to support and encourage creativity in our communities.
This Masterplan represents the first time that we, as a community, are having open and frank conversations about arts. Research shows that a vibrant arts and cultural identity has a positive influence on economic vitality and diversification, social wellbeing and quality of life. It’s an important, inclusive and cohesive part of our society.
Draft Cultural Masterplan 2020 Documents:
- Strategic Summary 2020 click here
- Draft Cultural Plan (February 2013 2020) click here
- Appendix 1: The Rationale and Modus Operandi click here
- Appendix 2: Queenstown Lakes District Cultural Asset Inventory click here
- Appendix 3: Consultee List click here
- Appendix 4: Public Survey Results Analysis click here
- Appendix 5: Data Sources click here
- District Cultural Facilities Assessment Report May 2019 click here